Tuesday, January 3, 2017

1962 Thunderbird

1962-ford-thunderbird
Pristine show cars are great, but personally, I prefer my classic to be driver grade. I like actually being able to drive my classics without fear of a few chips, scratches or dings. If your car is a perfect show piece, you can’t just jump in it to make a quick run to the store. And that’s the beauty of this T-Bird, it looks great but you can jump in it and go without fear. Mechanically, it’s in perfect condition with just 68k miles, but the body and paint show regular wear and tear. It still looks great from a distance, but up close you’ll notice some imperfections, but that’s what makes it a great driver. You can find it here on eBay in Bucyrus, Ohio with a current bid of $3,500 and a BIN of $15k.


1962-thunderbird-390-v8
The seller has known this car for a few years now and for much of that time it’s been a daily driver. The 390 V8 is said to be in great condition and is extremely reliable, which is exactly what you want in a classic driver. I’ve owned plenty of classics that I worried each time whether they were going to start. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than getting stranded and having to call your significant other to come pick you up. Thankfully, these big Ford V8s are easy to work on and very durable, so as long as you maintain it, I’m sure this Bird won’t be leaving you stranded any time soon!

1962-thunderbird-interior
I haven’t look at one of these Thunderbird’s interiors for a while, I forgot how crazy they are on the inside. They were quite futuristic, with lots of curves, chrome and that awesome swing away steering wheel. I’m a fan of the design, but I’m not so sure about this color. It’s a bit much, but I’m sure it would grow on you the more time you spent behind the wheel.

1962-thunderbird
One of these would make for a great daily driver! It’s luxurious, good looking and smooth to drive. This one is a nice example, but isn’t so nice you’ll want to keep it locked safely away in the garage. You could drive it daily and not have to worry about road rash. So would you enjoy having this as your daily driver?

Source: barnfinds.com

No comments: